W.Bro. Jack of Richard Watts’ Mark and Royal Ark Mariner Lodges was recently appointed as one of two new Area Chairmen.
Here are our customary 5 things that you might not know about him.
- He has been happily married to Judy for 51 years, with 2 sons, 6 grandchildren and 1 great grandson.
- He was born and lived in St. Paul’s Cray, where he attended Cray Valley Technical High School until sixteen. Moving to the Medway Towns when he married Judy.
- In 1965 he began a 5 year welding apprenticeship with J & E Hall, Dartford. In the apprentice school the next bench was occupied by a certain David Barden. On reuniting through masonry they remain good friends. It truly is a small world at times.
- In his own words, Jack is “not gifted in the sports department”. He plays golf “badly”, but his passion is as an advanced open water diver. He also ran a boys football team for 8 successful years, before qualifying as a referee.
- He retired at the end of 2010, but started part time work a week later as a pallbearer/driver for local Funeral Directors, when not enjoying holidays travelling as much of the world as possible.